Such a tiny animal. And yet it can completely rob you of your sleep. Who hasn’t heard it, a buzzing in the middle of the night. It’s dark. You don’t want to get up. But you can’t go back to sleep either. But if you are well prepared, you can save the night and find your way back to the realm of dreams.
Horror night? Banish mosquitoes! – A guide
1. bring a mosquito net
They are not that heavy. And before you spend the night or go mosquito hunting again, a mosquito net can be set up quickly. There are basically 3 types of mosquito nets.
- Canopy. This is reminiscent of a tent and is hung in one place above the bed. Advantage: You only need to hang the net in one place. Advantageous outdoors, under a tree or in a beach hut. Disadvantage: If a fan is swinging its blades above you, hanging it up is difficult. Fans often have a chain that adjusts the speed of rotation. Attaching the net to this chain would be another option.Mosquito Net for Double Bed SZHTFX 4 Corner Post Mosquito Net Bed Canopy Hanging Mosquito...
- 🌺【Beautifully Designed】 bed canopy will enhance your bedroom and homes décor by providing a draped canopy over...
- 🌺【Super Easy Installation with 2 Ways to Set up】 You can install the canopy easily into the ceiling with the...
- 🌺【High Quality Material】100%polyester mesh fabric, the bed canopy is soft, providing extra comfort without...
- 🌺【Large Mosquito Net】 One product fiting various sized beds:Single, double and King . DIMENSIONS: Length:...
- 🌺【100 Percent Satisfied Service】 If there is any questions, please contact with us, our customer service team...
- Box. This has the advantage that you can bypass the fan. Disadvantage: You have to hang the net on at least 2 points. In the best case, at 4 points. By the way, it is always important to push the ends of the mosquito net completely under the mattress. This way you keep insects – and other uninvited guests, such as cockroaches – perfectly away.Aerb Mosquito Net Bed Canopy, Ultra Large Mosquito Net for Bed Indoor, Travel Net Outdoor,...
- Aerb mosquito net with extrovers clamping ring is practical for home, which is the ideal protection against flies,...
- Canopy for bed with generous dimensions, the tight-mesh insect net is suitable for double beds, single beds and cots.
- Dimensions: Approx. 0.60 m (diameter clamping ring top) x 2.5 m (height) x 12.5 m (circumference below)
- The foldable bed canopy is ultra-light and weighs only 480 grams. In the compact transport bag, the net can be stored in...
- Optimal mosquito protection is achieved by a mesh value of 300 meshes. Our mosquito nets have an entrance for a...
- Pop-Up. Bei diesem Moskitonetz brauchst du nichts aufzuhängen. Du liegst schnell unter deiner Käseglocke. Einfach auspacken und auf das Bett werfen. Nachteil: Entweder sind sie sehr groß und wiegen entsprechend oder sie sind sehr klein, nur im Kopfbereich aufgespannt und lassen kaum Windbewegungen eines Ventilators durch.Care Plus Pop Up Dome Treated Mosquito Net for 1 Person
- Ideal for camping (outdoor)
- Suitable for 1 person
- Unfolds automatically
- Excellent protection against mosquitoes (malaria)
- The long lasting Durallin treatment stays effective for up to 3 years
If your mosquito net has been damaged and has holes, it is urgently necessary to “plug” these immediately. The plaster tape you carry in your First Aid Kid is suitable for this purpose.
2. The Body
- Go take a shower. The smell of sweat attracts them like a drug. At least wash your feet.
- Don’t drink beer. Beer gives off odours that mosquitoes love.
- Take vitamin B1, also known as thiamine, every day. This changes your body odour and you seem to be less attractive to mosquitoes.
- Take vitamin B1, also known as thiamine, every day. This changes your body odour and you seem to be less attractive to mosquitoes. Small side effect. Thiamine has a mood-lifting effect.SaleNatures Aid Vitamin B1 Thiamin, 100 mg, 90 Tablets (Contributes to Normal Functioning of...
- Each tablet provides 100 mg Thiamin (Vitamin B1)
- Contributes to the normal function of the nervous system
- Contributes to normal energy yielding metabolism
- Contributes to normal psychological function
- Made in the UK to GMP and pharmaceutical standards
- Especially at the “blue hour” just before sunset, things get dicey. Then you should wear long-sleeved shirts and long trousers. Maybe even wear socks. Popular stinging and biting sites are feet, ankles and lower legs as well as hands and upper arms.
- Eating fresh garlic, rubbing yourself with rum or gin (or drinking it, then you won’t feel the stings anymore), eating hot curry or Thai food are “secret tips” from tropical countries.
3. anti-insect repellent
- Mosquito Coil: is a kind of incense for mosquitoes that is lit like an incense stick and spreads an odour that is repulsive to mosquitoes. The coil is usually placed under the table and may only be used outdoors.Delaspe 12Pcs Spiral Mosquito Coil, Mosquito Repellent Controller, Mosquito Repellent...
- It is ideal for mosquito repellent on terraces, porches, camping trips, swimming pool areas, backyards and all outdoor...
- The effective formula of mosquito coils is made of natural ingredients and useful herbs, such as lemongrass, eucalyptus...
- Each coil burns for 5-7 hours, which is safe for babies and children. Non-toxic and tasteless, can be used with...
- We have developed special formulas in which 99% of the ingredients come from natural materials and natural herbs....
- Tip: Take measures to avoid light to prevent mosquitoes from turning around, and put it on a metal container to prevent...
- Citronella incense sticks. It is well known that the lemon-like smell has a deterrent effect on mosquitoes.incense sticks can be used to treat rooms.LA BELLEFÉE Outdoor Citronella Incense For Home, Kitchen, Outdoors, Bars, Office, Gift...
- 12 citronella incense sticks with wrapped packets. Burning time: 85 mins per incense sticks.
- With natural oil from the citronella plants, citronella candles are the perfect way to bring a fresh scent into the...
- Protect your families with fresh fragrance. Perfect for camping, travel, barbecue, picnics, garden party, patio dining,...
- Place the incense in an open area and light the tip. Wait for a small flame then simply blow out or fan the flame. The...
- Every purchase is guaranteed. If you find the package is defective, please feel free to contact us in the first time....
- Anti Brumm & Co.: Most insect repellents contain DEET. This is a kind of nerve gas and was developed by the US Army and used in the Vietnam War as an insect repellent. Yes, the protection is proven. Those who eat organic so as not to ingest pesticides will be reluctant to spray themselves with this chemical. DEET irritates eyes and mucous membranes. Use for children should be checked in advance.
- Mosquito spray without DEET: If you have sensitive skin, are pregnant or simply don’t want to use chemicals, the Care Plus Natural Spray is a natural product based on lemon and eucalyptus. Click Medical CM1705 Care Plus 60 mL Citridiol Spray
- Effective against mosquitoes, ticks and midges
- Suitable for children aged three months and older
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Offers up to six hours protection
- Does not damage plastics
- Citronella soap: Is made from lemongrass. It is lightly moistened and rubbed onto the skin. This creates streaks, but they quickly disappear at high temperatures. The smell is supposed to keep mosquitoes away. Unfortunately, the soap also dries out the skin a little and it can cause itching. Sea to Summit Wilderness Wash Citronella 89ml/3oz ONE CLEAR
- Biodegradable and Paraben Free
- Citronella Scented
- Tough Bottle with Secure Lid
- Suitable for Personal Use and Clothing and Equipment
- Concentrated Formula
- Coconut oil: Many people love the smell of coconut oil. For mosquitoes, it is rather a true hate object. The high proportion of the saturated fatty acid lauric acid makes you unattractive as a host for these insects. And as a side effect, it also provides a certain UV protection. Coconut oil is also suitable for cosmetic face and lip care.Organic Coconut Cooking Oil 500ml - Organic, Vegan, 100% Natural, No Coconut Aroma,...
- ORGANIC Coconuts and nothing else!
- Gluten free, dairy free, GMO Free, no additives, no preservatives, no colouring
- No coconut taste and aroma, great for high heat cooking - fying, roasting and baking.
- 100% suitable for vegetarians and vegans, keto and paleo diets
- Great value ORGANIC coconut oil, our top tip - use with your baked potatoes!
- Anti-insect spray: This is more the sledgehammer method. A spray that is used against all kinds of insects, ants and small animals like cockroaches and spiders. In many countries there is a brand called Raid that produces such chemical bombs. When using them, close all windows and doors, hold the air for a long time and spray every corner of the room, including under the table and bed. Leave the room immediately and air it well after 2 hours. By the way, this is common practice in accommodation in the tropics. When maids can no longer keep up with the broom when it comes to ants and other tiny animals, then the next step is to reach for the spray can – Acción Rápida.Zero In Total Insect Killer (300 ml Aerosol, Fast-Acting Control Treatment, Targets Bugs...
- Total insect killer spray controls flying and crawling bugs such as flies, midges, ants, wasps and mosquitoes
- Fact-acting insect spray is suitable for use indoors in the home
- Multi-purpose treatment kills insects on contact, can be sprayed in rooms or directly onto surfaces
- Insecticidal spray provides complete control of flying and crawling insects
- Contains permethrin and tetramethrin
4. and more great tips against mosquitoes
- Cold: Apparently mosquitoes go into cold torpor or flee to warmer climes when temperatures approach 20 degrees Celsius. So – if you have air conditioning – switch it on.
- Fire: Mosquitoes like to hide under the table. One way of warding them off is to run a lighted match or lighter slowly along the underside of the table.
- Wind: In open restaurants in the tropics, fans are actually always rotating. Find a spot under a fan, as mosquitoes are lightweights and can navigate poorly in windy conditions.
- Water: If you are by the sea or ocean, stay near the beach as the wind is stronger here as there are no obstructions above the water.
- Movement: Keep moving. For example, when standing, you can always bend your legs. When sitting, you don’t necessarily have to put your legs under the table. You can put them to the side, so you can watch them and change position again and again.
- Pre-treated sleeping bag: Cocoon’s extremely light and thin sleeping bags are made of cotton and pre-treated with permithrin. This substance comes from a species of chrysanthemum and is considered harmless. The fabric repels mosquitoes, ticks, ants, fleas, flies and mites. Available here: Cocoon anti-mosquito cotton sleeping bag. A slightly more expensive alternative, but ultra-light and very comfortable on the skin, is the Cocoon Silk Sleeping Bag:
Last update on 2021-08-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API